There are a number of ways to improve the performance of your Jig. These improvements can be made to your device or application settings, of your 3D models, prior to importing them into JigSpace.
The performance of how Jigs are viewed on your device in the JigSpace app, or your editing experience, can be impacted by some of the factors below. Fortunately, many of them can be configured by you to improve your experience.
- If your iPad or computer is running any other memory-heavy processes, it may be worth closing down other apps, or restarting your device.
- Turning off ‘HD Graphics’ within the JigSpace App will improve frame rate. Learn more here.
- Turning off 'AR occlusion' (iPad and iPhone only) will use less device power and can improve frame rate in many situations.
- Battery that is running low (<25%) can cause performance issues. Make sure your device is adequately charged for optimum performance.
Modern, powerful hardware
- The JigSpace app is supported on most iOS and desktop devices (iPad 2017+, MacOS 10.13, and Windows 7 SP1+ era devices), however performance on older devices with out-dated memory capacity and graphics hardware will have its limits. If you continue to experience issues with performance you should consider upgrading your hardware.
3D model improvements
If you’ve tried the above tricks and you're still wanting to improve the performance further, you may want to make a few changes to the 3D model itself. There are a number of attributes within your 3D models which can hinder performance in JigSpace. These can include:
Number of objects
- A lower count of objects and sub-objects will lead to faster rendering in AR.
- For best results aim for less than 50 objects/ sub-objects per Jig.
- To avoid significant performance impact, aim for less than 200 objects.
Number of triangles
- Jigs with less triangles (or polygons) are more performant and load quicker.
- We aim for less than 200,000 polygons per Jig.
Please note: the triangle and object count can be seen in the bottom right hand corner of the JigSpace workshop in the performance indicator.
If your Jig is high in triangles or objects, please watch our Masterclass to learn how to improve this.