Copy and paste object properties
The object property panel in the JigSpace desktop app enables you to copy the properties of one object and apply it to another object. You can also copy the properties of an object on one step in your presentation and paste them to the same object in a different step.
It's a quick and easy way to ensure that all objects in a step or the entire presentation have consistent position, rotation, or scale, and can save you time when creating your presentation.
To copy object properties in JigSpace, follow these steps:
- Ensure you are using the latest JigSpace desktop app
- Select the object, sub-object or part that has the position, rotation, or scale, that you want to copy
- Click on the "Copy" button in the object property panel next to the property
- Go to the step in your presentation and click on the object you want to paste the properties to
- Click on the "Paste" button. The properties will be applied to the new object
Using replicate tool
If you need to copy and paste formatting on objects to multiple steps, or your entire presentation, you can use the replicate tool.
This enables you to quickly update the object properties across tens of steps for multiple object properties. This is useful if several properties of an object need to be updated across your entire presentation (i.e. scale, color and rotation).
To use the replicate tool in JigSpace follow these steps:
- Go to the step and object that you want to copy the properties or formatting from
- Click and hold down on a property in the toolbar (e.g. color) to open the replicate tool
- Select as many properties you want to copy as you require
- Then select which steps in your timeline you wish to paste these properties to.
Lpearn more about the replicate tool here.
Copy and paste color and materials
You can also use the eyedropper in the color panel to copy and paste the color and material properties from one object and paste them to another object.
To copy color and material in JigSpace, follow these steps:
- Ensure the object, sub-object or part that you wish to format is selected
- Click on the color palette button in the toolbar
- Click on the eyedropper button
- Go to the object that you want to copy color or material from and click on it with the eyedropper
- The target object will now have the same color and material.
Important note: color can vary from step to step in JigSpace on a single object, however each object or sub-object can only have 1 material for all steps in the timeline.