If you're an Organization or Enterprise user, you can password-protect any 3D presentation in JigSpace. Jigs can only be accessed by their direct URL. Adding a password ensures an extra layer of security for your 3D content.
Adding a password to your Jigs enables you to share sensitive 3D content with potential clients or external partners without requiring them to install any software or sign up for an account with JigSpace.
How to protect your Jigs with a password
How to add a password
- From My Jigs, select the 3D presentation to which you'd like to add a password.
- Click on the Share button, and click the visibility dropdown.
- Select 'Password Protect' and a unique 16-digit password will be automatically generated for your Jig and can be copied by clicking the key icon.
- Your Jig will now require a password to be viewed.
How to change your password
- To generate a new password for your Jig, change the link visibility to 'Anyone with the link can view'.
- Then change it back to 'Password Protected'
- You will be prompted to keep your existing password, or generate a new one. Select 'New password'.
- Your old password will now not work in any viewers, and the new password will need to be shared.
How to share & embed
Password protected Jigs can be viewed in browser, app, Apple app clips, and embedded iframes. You can share your password protected Jig in several ways:
- Copy URL link. Separately share the unique password with your viewers.
- Click ‘Share link and password' to copy the direct URL link and password into an email or message.
- Add a Jig QR code to your sales collateral, and provide the corresponding passwords for the end viewers.
- Embed your Jig using iframes in 100s of websites and platforms.
How to view
Your content is viewed in the same way as any other 3D presentation in JigSpace. However, before the presentation begins loading, it will prompt the viewer to enter a password.
Viewers do not need to enter a password if they are logged into the JigSpace app and are either:
- The owner of the content
- Members of the same team as the owner of the content (and have had the Jig shared with them)
Subscriptions with password protection setting
To add a password to your Jigs, you need to be subscribed to our Organization or Enterprise plan.
To get started with a demo of all the features in these plans, get in touch with us.
See a preview of password protected Jigs
Watch this video preview of how to add a password to your Jigs, and how to view a password protected Jig.